My photo
Success, Failure...some of my greatest failures have been a springboard to my greatest successes...the terms are truly fluid.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Studies in college life

It is funny what I am studying and it makes sense. Back in 1981, I wanted to learn foreign languages and move to Monterey to go to the Monterey Institute. So I went back to the orignal plan last summer when I went back to school.

Now I am done with my first full year and I studied french (blech, crazy teacher at MPC), Italian and Chinese (both incredibly awesome instructors!!) and Linguistics which made me feel like I want to become a Linguist. I also found a great teacher of Arabic to get me going in that direction. My Chinese and Italian are pretty much my mainstays but during the winter break I also taught myself to read Greek (it was like breaking a code). I have decided that I want to go to Europe for a couple of years to study Italian and Greek in those countries but before I go I need to get pretty proficient. I really hope I can get into a university there for a year learning in that language on campus.

Hopefully I will get to follow through on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment