My Photo
This is what happens to people when they keep their chin up....eventually they succeed at stuff....

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Orangey Light...

So it is 7 am here in Italy...

And at poking our heads out the window...Spencer and I noticed right away that the light is orangier here then in CA....the light there is more yellow and here it is so golden...oddly it made me think how cool it is that Gillian, my neice, and my Uncle Tom would love this light. My Uncle Tom and Gill always notice the way things look and the glow they get from light....this really is the land of artist's delight. I am SOOOO grateful I dragged, scratch that, my poor Ex hubby, Gordon, dragged, that 12 kilo bag of art supplies and books for me to use dragging around Europe!! I am going to want to try to sketch this already!!

I already drew the back of the seat in front of me and the 4 Tin Tin screens that were in view on the flight from San Francisco to Paris...Spencer drew characters from Tin Tin and out the window of our plane...Gordon and Spencer also have a squiggly line game from the flight or 4 that they drew in our moleskin journals that fit into our carry on luggage...we also wrote inour lined journals that our older son Harry James bought for Spencer on the trip....part of our family's fixation on Indian Jones..Young Indiana had a moleskin...muy older kids had art and written journals...we already have several written and drawn entries in our art journals...this is such an interesting perspective....we went for a walk last night and I was very aware of my surroundings, something my fiance really wanted me to focus on for safety....we bounded out for a walk at 10 O' Clock at night....meandering out into the street and noticing its not so old architecture mixed with old around here in what must be an newer area of town....

Now it is simply a matter of popping up and using the breakfast tickets to go enjoy our big buffet to hold us over for a day's exploration around Florence...still haven't gotten the photos to load from San Fracisco's ariport and Charles De Gaule in Paris....gonna have to figure that our later...

1 comment:

  1. Must be the smog that casts the Orangey light. Seriously, it sounds as if you're having a great start to the journey. Ain't airports and the whole air transport thing a mystery? I'm glad you just let it all happen and didn't get to impatient with all the delays and changes. I'm sure Mom will be reading your blog on her kindle. You, Spence & Gord enjoy the countryside.....Enjoy! Enjoy! love, Grumpy

    ReplyDelete