My Photo
This is what happens to people when they keep their chin up....eventually they succeed at stuff....

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Moving It Along...

Ann and Mike's son made me feel better. He pointed out tips for getting over such bone crushing sadness. He said to do something else...get my mind off of it...off of my breakup...

I was still a bit aghast at my emotional feelings...soooo over the top. Why this guy? Why not anyone else after my Ex?

I must be a really cold fish...to have not opened up 'till now...this told me so much about myself.

I gave up after days of sending sparing contact. He did not answer anything...even my quick note sending my condolences over his dear grandma's death. She was healthy seeming when I met her....was it on New Year's? Or just before?

Her advice to her grandson after meeting me was "take it slow"...Or maybe she was talking about me...I think I was the one needing protecting in this story.

I dove into my grad school choices yet again. My family is so sick and tired of hearing about it I guess. But this time my 11 year old told me he did not want to go abroad and study...he wanted to stay in California. Even if one year of getting my Masters turns into 3 years in a heartbeat here in California. Whatever my boy wants...

I have finished applying to the college in  California, I have wanted since 1981...here's hoping they let me squeak in...my Economics is weak...I will have to do a $900 bootcamp...buying the book ASAP...I want it read way before I go...I also don't get to count my star language of Italian as my language...I am going to have to fall back on my other less stellar languages...French, Spanish...or Arabic...Here's hoping I can get up to third year college level before they test me...the down side...it is a stretch...I could've gotten into 3rd year Italian in a minute...but the others are going to take studying before the test this summer.

I am a little sad...I had wanted London so bad I could taste it....or Firenze...Florence is the kind of place that gets into your soul so fast...it is haunting...Spencer and I miss it incredibly...we were there for maybe 3 weeks...how does a place get under our skin so?

How did that guy get under my skin so? He was only 4 weeks...and a couple of years of friendship too...

I guess I opened up alot in Florence and with him...I also opened up alot in Monterey...maybe it is time to catch up to the rest of the grownups my age....I can't get stuck where everyone else was in 7th grade anymore. Moving It Along...


No comments:

Post a Comment