My photo
Success, Failure...some of my greatest failures have been a springboard to my greatest successes...the terms are truly fluid.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Today Has Arrived

As I immerse myself in my studies...my personal anesthetic...I ran across an amazing fact in my Policy Studies class...According to my textbook, "The federal income tax that was passed by Congress in 1914 had a top rate of 7%; less than 1% of the population had incomes high enough to be taxed. Today the rate is 35% and half the population pays income taxes."
 

I can see now how this whole thing got started! The mid-western farmers and poor southerners were trying to make the rich railroad tycoons pay their fair share...but somehow it is now way off the mark...especially since many big companies are hitting our news for not paying taxes while most people I know pay something when it comes around to tax time.

How crazy is that? Or interesting at least....

No comments:

Post a Comment