My photo
Success, Failure...some of my greatest failures have been a springboard to my greatest successes...the terms are truly fluid.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Goodnight...

My computer time has been considered premium since my internet has been spotty and my loyal laptop has been dead since a few days before I last wrote in here. Most of my computer time has been spent on schoolwork where I am nearing the end of my term and getting my application into my grad school choice once Europe got tossed out of the picture.

If I work at it I think I can get in ...I chose Arabic as my language of choice since I can't choose my first choice which is Italian. I am hoping I make it into this school and I am also gearing up to move over as soon as I finalize things...I have no money for such an endeavor but I feel confident I can find something again.

This time I am also excited about a different kick to the proceedings...I am hoping to be able to find work while in grad school...I really want to leave the ranks of poverty stricken students and support myself in the manner I wish to become accustomed to....(that quote is Ali McGraw from Love Story)...

I received three Letters of Recommendation...two of which I was fortunate enough to read...made me cry in one case...I don't think of myself as the kind of person that people would say such glowing things about. I now need to start working towards finishing up my BA from OSU's online program. I had an apppointment with my counselor on Friday and she gave me the good news that I was not behind as I feared..and instead I am on schedule for graduating in June from Corvallis...

Which makes me want to just try to swing going up for my graduation...I can meet my favorite professors...and my three favorite people who probably made it all happen...a bookstore guy...an ECAMPUS liaison and an excellent counselor. Wearing the cap and gown again and going up for maybe a couple of days seems outlandish since I can ill afford a trip to my next town much less Oregon again...but I really want to go. I think I am ordering my cap and gown anyway...just in case...it can be a present to myself in any case...

And today was once again a first chance to see Joel after our last and final breakup...today we were just our kid's parents...it went much better this way....I wound up sitting next to him at the theater...which was so uncomfortable that he actually cracked up when the kids suddenly switched and left a gap open next to me...forcing him to sit there...uncomfortably next to me...

But the movie was funny and his sense of humor was nice to be next to...he laughs at all the right spots...I think we both pulled off friendship really well...

A few more times like that...hopefully... before I move away and I am positive we can be good friends...instead of the whole romantic thing that felt good but soooo did not work. Then we can do visits when I am gone and it will be alright...gotta clear that up BEFORE we go...

Overall...I feel more accomplished then messed up this week and that is a good thing for anybody to admit...and tonight I am planning on doing a rare thing for me...I am going to go to bed without reading anything for school...or like the good mom to my son...and tomorrow...(Gasp!!)...I plan on SLEEPING IN...something I only very rarely do...if I am lucky I will make it to 7 or 8 am instead of my usual 4 am...I think getting in my app by my March 1st deadline deserves a great reward....sleep is just the thing for me...and now I can afford it...

And on that note...G'night!



No comments:

Post a Comment