My photo
Success, Failure...some of my greatest failures have been a springboard to my greatest successes...the terms are truly fluid.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Earning My Way....

Today I graduated from a world class university and I have to admit that I am beaming with pride!

I had always spent so much time wallowing in how great my kids are as my accomplishments or how much I loved being a wife....I have now invested in myself!

I am not at all upset with prioritizing my family all these years at all...it was not only the fun choice...it was always the right choice....but it is nice to revel in my accomplishment this time around since it is about me....

I mean...you can't take credit for your kid's successes since they could easily have been bound for success without me. My Ex is a brilliant man...my kids are stunningly intelligent if you ask me...but this gives me a chance to feel like I have achieved a task that I am the only one who can take credit for its completion....

But even that rings false to a great degree!! I only got here through the help of my children, parents, sisters, friends and my Exes, (boyfriend and husband)....the truth...no meaningful accomplishment is truly done completely without help....

Anyway, regardless of what I should be feeling it is definitely true I am feeling good about myself and grateful for my support group....this is far from how I felt when I attended my home's auction and foreclosure in 2008!!

Also it is a great distraction from the fact that I am starting my dream curriculum on Monday at my dream institution, in my dream town....this place has a spot in my heart that goes back to 1980 or 1981!

And even though I have not procured housing yet...I have a place to stay the night before. I am driving down from OR tomorrow...and going to be in class on Monday at 8:30 am....I am so excited and scared it is not funny...but the secure truth is that the funding is there and I will be housed soon in a coastal town that I adore...it reminds me of a time ages ago...hanging out with my parents....and messing about in tide pools with my dad carrying his camera around his neck....

Let the next Adventure Begin!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment