My photo
Success, Failure...some of my greatest failures have been a springboard to my greatest successes...the terms are truly fluid.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pianos and Wine

     It is delightful to be pushed to my mental limits and then unwind in the evening.....


     There are reasons many of us drink in college...it is nice to unwind after pushing our mind to its mental  limit. I am without my youngster and pushing myself pretty intensely in this Economics Bootcamp that I am finding myself in this next ten days. I am thinking really hard and sitting for 6 hours at full alert. I challenge you to do the same at tis kind of intensity.


     Tonight and last night I stayed with a friend from the course that I already knew from Policy Analysis. I always knew he was one of the brightest people in the room...he gets what is going on with ease and it helps to know I can trust his take...but let's be honest...everybody here seems to fully grasp what is going on....I even think I do sometimes...but I fade in and out...but here in this situation I am feeling rather confident about my experience...I really like the overall concepts and the way they are presented.


     And.....like my classmates I am cramming in work on the side...I am only working as a tour guide but I am doing it on my lunch hour...so I get an hour for lunch and I am sharing my love and passion of this school's offerings for 45 minutes of it...not getting much chance to even eat much less unwind...so the evenings are taking on tremendous importance for me....


      I went shopping with my school buddy and he cooked an amazing dinner...fish, broccoli, brown rice and amazing sauces...


     The whole thing was bookended by inspiring piano playing by my host while my hostess painted nearby....this adventure reminds me again that I love being with people...hearing their stories and living the experience of following another households rhythm. I am really traveling in Europe while enjoying my roommate experience...even here at home....


     After a dazzling dinner and delightful conversation, spiced with wine and intellectual open-mindedness I am relaxing in bed.


     My friend is playing the piano in the other room and its sonorous strains seem to caress my ears as the wine warms my nose, dulls my overly stimulated brain and stokes my heart. Wow....I am very lucky indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment